Caramel Apple PieFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled cooking apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For the pastry, in a bowl stir together 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over part of the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until all dough is moistened. Prepare using 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Form dough into a ball; set aside.
- 2. For the crumb topping, stir together brown sugar, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, and oats. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter or margarine until the topping mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl stir together sugar, 3 tablespoons flour cinnamon, and salt. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated. Transfer apple mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
- 5. To prevent over browning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until top is golden. Remove from oven; sprinkle pie with pecans, then drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating13 people
It a yum!!!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Love this - thanks for the post and I hope you are feeling better!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
wow - I can't wait to try this one!jett2whit in Union City loved it