My Old Fashioned Turkey Stuffing Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 package turkey bacon shopping list
- 1 package Lean Shady Brooks, Lean Jenny o or other Italian turkey sausage in casing ( Remove casing to grind) shopping list
- 1 large onion any type shopping list
- 1 loaf Light wheat or light Italian bread ( take out of package to dry a day before ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Bell poultry seasoning shopping list
- water as need to get a mushy consistency shopping list
- Chopped walnuts: Optional shopping list
How to make it
- If you have a meat grinder place in the top some of each the bacon, sausage and the onion; grind all these ingredients. Place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- If you do not have a grinder in a large bowl chop finely the onion, Bacon, and the sausage, Mix well. set aside.
- In a medium bowl break the dried bread into small pieces. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix together. Then add this mixture to the meat bowl mixture. Start adding water to the mixture till it becomes a mushy ball.
- This is now ready to be stuffed in the Turkey or Oven roster Chicken.
- If you know you'll need more for a large crowd make another batch and place in a loaf pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place in the oven with the bird or alone. Bake till it gets firm about 40 minutes at 350.
- This is my recipe
People Who Like This Dish 3
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
very nice indeed~midgelet in Eastern loved it
Great way to lighten up this recipe! Good job! Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
sounds good...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it