Easy Peasey And Portabella Mushroom SoupFrom jolielives 5 years ago
- 1 Package dried, split peas (I soak mine for 1 hr. then drain before I dump into cooking pot) shopping list
- 2 Large onions (Large Dice) shopping list
- 6-8 cloves garlic (Remove skin & slice each into 2 or 3 slices) shopping list
- 2 portabella mushrooms (Slice & then cut to bite size) shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Sherry (Optional) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons dried sage shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons thyme shopping list
- 1 Tablespoons sea salt (Or to your taste once it's finished cooking) shopping list
- 3 Large carrots (Washed & cut to 1/2-1" slices - thick) shopping list
- 2 Medium zucchini (Washed & cut 1" thick) shopping list
- 32 Ounces chicken stock (I use Low Sodium, but any will do. If you want, use Veggie Stock) shopping list
- 4-5 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place a Large pan that will distribute heat evenly on the stove. Pour in Olive Oil & heat.
- Put in Chopped Onions & cook until they sweeten & brown. On Medium-High heat this will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add Garlic & pan roast it, stirring often as garlic can burn quickly.
- Add large diced Portabella Mushrooms & Sherry & stir.
- Add Sage, Thyme & Salt & stir. Allow the Mushrooms to absorb flavors in pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Carrots & cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Zucchini & continue to stir.
- Add the soaked & then drained peas & stir for 1-2 minutes. This allows the peas to gain the flavors of the veggies roasting in the pot. Yum.
- Pour in the Chicken Stock & lift the veggies up from the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat to Medium & cover pot. Let it cook for 30-40 min & then start checking on it every 10 mins.
- At 40 mins. stir every 10 mins so it doesn't burn.
- I turned the heat to Medium -Low for the last 20 minutes.
- When it's nice & thick, turn off, taste, fix flavor to your liking & serve.
- Enjoy with people you care for.
The Cookjolielives The Catskill Plateau , NY
The Rating6 people
Good flavor combinations. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Oh yeah this is good!!!!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
mm, great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it