Southern Collard GreensFrom lisamariecr 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place the water and the ham hock in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to very low and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the collards and the hot pepper flakes the pot.
- Simmer covered for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable oil and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
The Cooklisamariecr Hanceville, AL
The Rating8 people
YUM, love this, great post, thanks for sharing, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Not sure what the veggie oil is all about but it didn't hurt the dish.
2/23/14pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!