Rice and Easy CasseroleFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 Tbs butter,divided shopping list
- 1 box (8oz) Goya Yellow rice shopping list
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion,finely chopped(1/2 c) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 pkg (8oz) frozen chopped spinach,thawed and drained shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 4-1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese ,divided shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp fine chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 9x13" baking dish with 1 tsp butter;set aside.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add onions,sprinkle with cayenne pepper,cook till translucent,stirring occasionally,about 5 mins. Add the spinach;cook till heated through,about 5 mins more;set aside
- In large bowl,whisk together eggs and milk till well blended. Stir in 4 c cheese,basil,parsley,thyme,reserved rice and reserved spinach mixture until combined. Pour rice mixture into prepared casserole dish;sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake,uncovered until cheese melts and begins to bubble,about 30 mins.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Love rice, spinach, cheese, eggs, herbs & spices - hey -- what else can I rate this but a FIVE?
Elaine :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
This sounds delicious! Thank you for the new recipe, Pleclare!
annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
This is lovely~! 5 star~! A++ :)lanacountry in Macon loved it