Pecan-Bourbon Creme BruleeFrom twill10 4 years ago
- Pecan-bourbon Creme Brulee shopping list
- ingredients: shopping list
- 9 large egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 6 tablespoons golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place six 3/4-cup souffle dishes or custard cups in large roasting pan. Whisk egg yolks, sugar, bourbon and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend. Bring whipping cream to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually whisk hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture. Pour custard into souffle dishes, dividing equally.
- Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of souffle dishes. Bake custards until just set in center, about 30 minutes. Remove from water and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. (Custards can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Keep covered and refrigerated.)
- Preheat broiler. Arrange souffle dishes on baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar evenly over each. Broil until sugar melts and turns dark brown, rotating baking sheet for even browning and watching closely, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle creme brûlees with chopped toasted pecans, dividing equally. Cool slightly and serve.
- I have made creme brulees and a few tips If you are going to make ahead of time I would Brown the brown sugar about two hours before service, also you can use a small torch (like the one u buy for home use) to brown the brown sugar it is a whole lot easier and faster. This recipe is the closest one to my recipe. You can also make a plain vanilla brulle and garnish with the orange sugar recipe I sent in earlier recipes.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating6 people
Sound so good!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
It nicehungrybear in Miner loved it
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Can't wait to try this during the holidays.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!