Chocolate Cherry And Walnut BrowniesFrom vivian 7 years ago
- 200g unsalted butter shopping list
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 300g granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 125g plain flour shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 100g dried cherries shopping list
- 100g walnut pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/gas 4.
- Grease and line an approximately 20 by 30cm (8 x 12 inch) rectangular baking tin, 3 to 4cm (1/2 inches) deep, with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate either in a bowl over a pan of simmering water or gently in the microwave.
- With an electric hand whisk, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until they are lovely and thick and creamy.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Finally stir in the flour, salt, cherries and walnuts.
- Pour into the baking tin and cook for about 25 minutes until the top is cracking and the centre is just set.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Serve warm or, (if you can resist leaving them), cold.