GyrosFrom migobgr 5 years ago
- 400 gr pork cut in 1 1/2 cm cubes. shopping list
- 2 tomatoes sliced. shopping list
- 1 onion cut in the lenght in small strips. shopping list
- 1/2 c parsley leaves chopped. shopping list
- 1 c drained yoghurt, ( Greek, or homemade). shopping list
- 1 ts fresh dill, or dried. shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic pressed. shopping list
- 1 c + 2 ts vinegar. shopping list
- 2 + 3 tbs olive oil. shopping list
- 1/2 ts ground cumin. shopping list
- 1/2 ts dried oregano. shopping list
- 1/2 c dried thyme. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- a pinch of paprika. shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes cut in the lenght in 1 x 1 cm strips for frying. shopping list
- 4 pites ( round flat 1 cm thick pita bread). shopping list
How to make it
- Put the vinegar, 2 tbs olive oil and cumin,oregano,thyme in a bowl .
- Mix well set aside 10 min for flavors to mix, add the pork and let minimum 1 hour marinate ( 2 = better).
- Put yoghurt in a small bowl, add garlic, 2 ts vinegar, dill, parsley pepper and salt to taste and mix well, ( the yoghurt paste should be rather thick), put in the fridge to keep cold.
- Put 3 tbs olive oil in a frying pan and heat to high, add meat with the marinade, lower heat to low - medium and stir / simmer 90 minutes till meat is coloured and soft, ( add olive oil or a little water if needed ).
- Fry potatoes as you know and keep warm.
- In a frying pan heat pites one by one 1 minute on each side.
- Put as much yohurt paste on each pita as you like add meat, tomato, potato and onion, sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Fold each pita double and roll in a rectangular paper napkin and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmigobgr Thessaloniki Greece, GR
The Rating6 people
I love these!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
I love gyros, especially when made with lamb. Thanks for posting this recipe!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Super!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!