Crazy Dipped Pretzel RodsFrom valinkenmore 7 years ago
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate or Premier White Morsels shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening shopping list
- 16 pretzel rods shopping list
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Mini Morsels and/or sprinkles, (optional) shopping list
- Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels for drizzling, (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- DIP pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Sprinkle with morsels or sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Best when eaten within a few days.
- FOR A FANCY DRIZZLE:
- MICROWAVE 2 tablespoons of each desired morsel flavor in small, heavy-duty plastic bags on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag; squeeze to drizzle over already dipped pretzels on baking sheet. Refrigerate and store as directed above.
- • Pretzels may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted morsels for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- • Above recipe can easily be doubled, but we do not recommend microwaving more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of morsels at one time.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating8 people
excellent....i love itpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Making these for our granchildren SOON!Thankyou!5 forks1lanabade in Goshen loved it
I've been looking for something simple to share with neighbors at Christmas; these look great. Thanks so much.tablescape in loved it