German Drop DonutsFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup soft butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 1 whole egg, beaten shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Stir in egg yolks and whole egg.
- In a separate bowl sift all dry ingredients except powdered sugar.
- Add to creamed mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
- Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Cook bydropping spoonfuls of dough into 375 deg.F. deep fat.
- Fry a few at a time, tokeep fat temperature constant.
- Turn to brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Serve immediately
- Makes about 3 dozen!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Fantastic. A nice recipe i'll have to make these.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Great post quick donut thankshigh5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I'm going to love these too. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Family Favorites140 members
German Recipes25 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
German Food67 members
German RecipesDeutsch32 members