Red Velvet Angel Food CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/3 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tbsp red food colouring shopping list
- 1 cup (190g) Just Like sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup superfine (fruit) sugar shopping list
- 2 cups (approx 16) egg whites shopping list
- 2 tsp vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa, water, vanilla and food colouring until well blended. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together Just Like Sugar, flours and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add vinegar and continue beating, streaming in sugar.
- Increase to high speed and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop out about 1 cup of the beaten whites and quickly (but gently!) fold them into the cocoa mixture.
- Quickly (and gently) fold the flour mixture into the remaining egg whites, ensuring no streaks of flour remain.
- Fold in the cocoa mixture.
- Gently scrape the batter into an UNGREASED 10" tube pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until tests done.
- Invert onto a bottle (or the pan's feet if it has them) and cool completely.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
wow - what a great recipe :) Thanks!!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
love angel food cakepuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it