Warm Spinach Salad with Soft Boiled EggsFrom frankieanne 9 years ago
- salt shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 pound baby spinach shopping list
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped thyme shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the eggs and simmer over moderately high heat for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep the pan of hot water on the stove over low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a large bowl. In a medium skillet, combine the olive oil, sherry and balsamic vinegars, shallots and thyme, and boil for 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs all over and gently peel them under warm running water, keeping them whole. Using a slotted spoon, slip the eggs in the hot water for 30 seconds.
- Pour the warm dressing over the spinach, season with salt and pepper and toss. Mound the salad on plates, top each with an egg and serve.
- ~~I had a slice of cooked bacon left from another meal that I crumbled over the top of my salad. I recommend this addition!
The Cookfrankieanne Somewhere, Else
- Not added to any groups yet!