Bears Cranberry RelishFrom grizzlybear 4 years ago
- 2 Cups fresh cranberries, washed well shopping list
- 1 cup seedless white grapes (green) grapes washed well shopping list
- 1 whole orange, peeled and seeds removed (or use a seedless navel orange) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (pecans or walnuts do best but I have even used cashewes) shopping list
- 1 small package of red jello (eather strawberry or cherry) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water shopping list
- hot peppers to your taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place cranberrys, grapes and orange in blender; grind until fruit is in very small pieces. (You can add peppers here if using)
- Combine ground fruit and sugar in bowl and mix well. let stand a few minutes. Stir in chopped nuts. Don't grind the nuts with the fruit mixture as they will become non-existent by the time the fruit is ground up.
- In a separate bowl, mix red jello powder with boiling water. Pour over fruit mixture, stiring well to blend. Cover and place in freezer.
- Remove to refrigerator on day of serving.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- val_mcginty North Sydney, Canada
- fizzle3nat Waterville, WA
- choclytcandy IN
- sapa WISC RAPIDS, WI
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- mjcmcook Beach City, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
I like the sound of this recipe
with the grapes and nuts! and the 'hot peppers'
will 'wake you up'~
"5"FORK!!!!! for "SURE"~(^_^)~
Nice to "see" YOU around 'these parts'!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Hiiiiiiiii my grizz how are you thank you i love cranberrries any old way thank u
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is a really interesting recipe with the grapes and the Jello. I imagine the Jello softens the texture a bit. Sounds really delicious! Thanks for sharing. ~ Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!