Elaines Easy Shepherds PieFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 2 lbs lean ground beef shopping list
- 4 whole eggs shopping list
- ¾ cup natural wheat bran shopping list
- ½ vidalia onion, finely chopped shopping list
- Frozen beans and carrots shopping list
- salt & pepper to preference shopping list
- 7 – 8 new potatoes, boiled, skins on shopping list
- butter (enough for mashing with potatoes) shopping list
- ½ to ¾ cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the ground beef, eggs, onions and bran together well
- Place ½ of this into the baking pan
- Add a generous layer of the frozen vegetables
- Place the remainder of meat on top
- Add salt & pepper to your taste preferences
- In the interim, boil the potatoes in their skins.
- When the potatoes are cooked, mash them skins and all, with the milk and as much butter as you need to develop a smooth, creamy consistency
- Place the mashed potatoes on top of the meat, and bake t 350*F for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are slightly brown, and the meat juices run clear.
- photos to follow
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating13 people
Again a delightful recipes!!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
luv quick shepards pie thanks Chef. high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I really LOVE this recipe.I am emirring this recipe by you.You got my 5 for this for sure.
I hope that you understood what I meant by that.cookingandbakingqueen in Beatrice loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!