Tin Roof Chocolate PieFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 prebaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell shopping list
- chocolate LAYER shopping list
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Morsels, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- CARAMEL LAYER shopping list
- 20 vanilla caramels shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
- marshmallow LAYER shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 15 large marshmallows shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Topping (recipe below) shopping list
How to make it
- FOR CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- HEAT 1/3 cup morsels and butter in small saucepan over low heat stirring frequently, until morsels are melted. Spread melted chocolate on bottom and up sides of prebaked pie shell. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- FOR CARAMEL LAYER:
- HEAT caramels and 1/3 cup whipping cream in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts. Spoon over chocolate layer; cover. Refrigerate.
- FOR MARSHMALLOW LAYER:
- HEAT 1 1/3 cups morsels, milk and marshmallows in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool completely.
- BEAT remaining whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into cooled marshmallow mixture. Carefully spoon over caramel layer (pie will be full). Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- FOR TOPPING:
- HEAT 3 caramels, 2 tablespoons whipping cream and 1 tablespoon butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth; cool slightly. Top each serving with topping, whipped cream and remaining morsels.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
Talk about layers of flavor! Unbelievable. Thank you for a great post. 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
Yummmmmm!!!!!!!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
This looks so good, love love love chocolate!! 5 forksgourmetana in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!