Kourabiethes- Greek Wedding CookiesFrom greekgirrrl 6 years ago
- 1 lb unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 c confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 TSP pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 TSP baking powder shopping list
- 6 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup chopped almonds (that have been browned in the oven) shopping list
- 1 oz whiskey shopping list
- whole cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Soften butter at room temp until very soft.
- Put in mixer and beat well; add sugar and beat until fluffy and light colored.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and beat thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts if desired.
- Sift flour and baking powder and mix slowly into butter mixture.
- Turn dough out onto clean surface and sprinkle with whiskey and knead thoroughly.
- Roll by hand into 1 1/2 balls and press them down slightly to form a disc shape.
- In the center insert a whole clove.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for approx 30 minutes or until desired color being careful not to burn the bottoms.
- Dredge in confectioners sugar while warm but not hot.
- Then before serving sprinkle with more confectioners sugar using sifter.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating7 people
Mmmmmm I love these!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds yummy to me!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
I love these thanksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it