Eggnog Rum Bundt CakeFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- ½ pound ( 2 sticks ) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 ¼ cups superfine sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon prepared eggnog shopping list
- 3 Tbs. dark rum shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 5 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into chunks shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark rum shopping list
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Bundt Pans can have various designs for an intresting cakes. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease the inside of a 10-inch bundt pan with shortening and dust with flour, or spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside. Cream butter in a large bowl; with an electric mixer on moderate speed for 3 to 4 minutes. Add superfine sugar in three additions, beating I minute after each portion is added. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 45 seconds after each is added. Blend in vanilla extract.
- On low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients in three additions with the eggnog in two additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Add rum and beat 30 seconds. ( The batter will be medium-thick and very creamy.) Spoon into prepared pan and lightly smooth top with the spatula. Bake on the center rack 55 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake set in pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before un molding onto a rack.
- To prepare Glaze:
- While cake is cooling in pan, place butter, granulated sugar and rum in a non-reactive saucepan. Set over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Place rack with warm cake on a sheet of wax paper. Spoon glaze over cake in layers, using all of the glaze.
- If you prefer not to have the rum glaze. Use Confectioners' Sugar for the coating.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories per serving: 406, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrate: 53g, Cholesterol: 102mg, Sodium: 205mg, Protein: 5g, Fiber: 1g
- Note: Not converted at this time for Diabetic.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating9 people
Again yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
I have made this cake and it is absolutely delicious. It's a HIGH 5 from me ;)lor in Toronto loved it
I meant to compliment you on your photo's Wow! have ever thought about becoming a food stylist? You would be good at that:) VERY IMPRESSED:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it