Bacon String Beans Almond Ding DingFrom mrstcopper 7 years ago
- 1 lb Bag of Frozen Fancy Cut string beans (fresh may be used if desired) shopping list
- 2-3 shallots shopping list
- 1 Stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup Slivered or sliced almonds (slivered give more of a crunch) shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain or flavored bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine shopping list
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Cook your bacon until crisp (to liking) set aside
- Leave 2-3 Tbsp bacon oil in pan
- Put your string beans in a large microwaveable/oven safe Bowel with a little bit of water to cover the bottom
- Cover the bowel with a very damp papertowel & Heat on High for 7-8 minutes
- Peel & Dice your shallots - set a side for a moment
- Melt your butter in a large pan until very slightly brown, then add your shallots, reduce heat , cook until they are clear.
- Crumble the bacon in the pan along with olive oil, & bread crumbs, stir around for 1-2 minutes.
- Last add your Wine & Lemon Juice stir around a bit more, cover and simmer on low for about 3-5 minute.
- Let stand about 5 minutes & Serve
The Cookmrstcopper MIDDLETOWN, NJ
The Rating1 people
Recipe is a winner, and full of flavor. The bacon , wine, and lemon juice sets this one to the next notch.I used cream sherry for the wine it off set the lemon juice.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!