Spinach MarieFrom debbie919 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (I used 1/4 tsp. garlic powder instead) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 3/4 lb cheddar cheese (I used Velveeta) shopping list
- 3 (10 oz.) pkgs frozen cut spinach, thawed and drained WELL shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Montery Jack cheese shopping list
- French fried onions (optional, I put these on top) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine milk, dry mustard, and garlic salt or powder.
- Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a small skillet or saucepan heat 1 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion until browned; stir into milk
- In a small skillet or saucepan combine 3 Tbsp melted butter with the flour. Cook over med-low heatuntil thickened; stir into milk.
- To the milk mixture add the cheddar (or Velveeta), mixing well to melt.
- Pour over the thawed and well drained spinach and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9 X 13 in. sprayed casserole dish and sprinkle with the Monterey Jack and onions, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and slightly browned.