Snapper PontchartrainFrom twill10 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red onions shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 8 shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over but not broken shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) snapper fillets shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Saute? red onions until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until almost dry. Add shrimp and cook until just done. Add crab meat and butter and heat until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, season snapper with salt and pepper, Dredge fish in flour, then cream, then flour again. In a large oven-safe skillet over high heat, sear fish on both sides. Transfer to oven and cook for 4 to 7 minutes (depending on thickness) or until just done. Do not overcook.
- Serve topping over snapper.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating10 people
Yum & sorry for the silly Avatar for fancy dress. Have no idea who changed it, but will fix it ASAP.
This yummy is Bookmarked & 5ved.
Jo & Lee
Hope your Tgiving was lovely.jolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
I Like cajun dishes
thankshungrybear in Miner loved it
Rich and delicious.
notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it