Slow Cooker Mexican Black Beans and PorkFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- 1 lb boneless pork loin or shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped, with their juice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- Hot cooked rice to serve it with shopping list
How to make it
- Toss the pork cubes with the chili powder, coriander, and salt until coated evenly.
- Heat a large, ungreased skillet over medium-high heat, then lightly brown the pork with the onion and garlic.
- Transfer the pork mixture to the slow cooker, stir in the beans, tomatoes with their juice, and water. Season with pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating8 people
Nice posting. Thanks. High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
like the black beans and rice in this one high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds yummy!pleclare in Framingham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!