Roslyn Sour Cream CakeFrom borinda 9 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups sifted self-rising flour shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs, spearated - at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp sour cream (not light) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup chocolate bits shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour an 8" springform cake pan
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add the yolks one at a time, beat after each
- Alternately add the flour and sour cream (3:2 additions)
- Fold in the egg whites which you have beaten
- Pour half the batter into the pan and top with half of the chocolate chips. Repeat with the rest of the batter and then the chips.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hour, the cake will test done.
- Let cool on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove the ring of the springform.
- Give Vivian a round of applause.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating2 people
Sour Cream and Buttermilk are my favorites for cakes and breads
Love it..Junepsy333che in Long Branch loved it
Thank you Ladies!
It was a joy to make and very very tasty. I have made this cake before but with a different amount of ingredients, so I tried Borinda's recipe with her measurements but with a slightly different technic.
vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it