SWISS STEAKFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds beef top round steak shopping list
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs. salt-free seasoning blend Mrs Dash shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs. canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs. steak sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt-free seasoning blend and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, brown steak in oil. Drain and place in a 2 ½ quart casserole. Top with the celery, onion and mushrooms. Combine the water, garlic and steak sauce; pour over vegetables,
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 ½ hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
- Nutritional Values: One serving ( prepared with salt-free seasoning blend and 1 tablespoon oil ) equals Calories: 270, Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 69mg, Sodium: 107mg, Carbohydrate: 11g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 26g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 ½ lean meat, 1 vegetable, ½ fat.
- Note: This is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Bypass friendly and for anyone.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating11 people
HI Ed!! How r ya'? I'm working oa recipe, yhat I got on-line cos' iy's all jumbled gotta fix it in my 'wordpad':) Anyhoo, This looks and sounds delish! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! Ant word yet?snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
a High 5 recipes!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Yum!!!goodeat in Benton loved it