Baked Chicken in Sour CreamFrom fishtrippin 4 years ago
- 1/4 c. butter shopping list
- 4 lbs. chicken parts (I used 4 split breast halves, halved again) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 16 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seeds shopping list
- Dumplings shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. minced parsley shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. cooking oil shopping list
- 3/4 c. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the chicken parts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in skillet in butter.
- Place chicken in 3 qt. covered cassarole dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika and caraway.
- Combine sour cream, soups and cheese in skillet used to brown chicken, scraping bottom to loosen browned bits.
- Pour all over chicken, cover and bake in 350F preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Prepare dumplings stirring or sifting together the dry ingredients.
- Add parsley, oil and milk and stir with a fork just until bended.
- Remove casserole from oven and place heaping teaspoons of batter around the top. Replace lid and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake 8 to 10 minutes longer..
- Serve sauce over the dumplings and chicken.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookfishtrippin Estelline, SD
The Rating6 people
Dang.. Got any left? Hope so, cos' I'm on my way over... LOL This is really a 'Hit' Will be making REAL SOON!! Bk'd & Sv'd HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Full marks. My kudos and thanks for sharing. Hi-5.
theoldprof in Belleville loved it
Wonderful... I'm a major fan of anything that has paprika, and caraway seeds... You got my 5 forks...carmenbigred in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!