Bolillos Mexican Hard RollsFrom snowcat17 4 years ago
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 tsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- *OPTINAL* I add 1/2 tsp cumin or mex oregano with dry ing. shopping list
- *Prep time is mostly for the dough to rise* shopping list
How to make it
- Stir yeast and sugar together in a large bowl; stir in warm water. Add salt, then beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour a tiny bit at a time after the first 4 cups, just until the dough becomes too stiff to stir.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead 8 to 10 minutes, or until smooth and satiny. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease the top of the dough, then cover with a sheet of wax paper and a towel. Let rise in a warm place free of drafts about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- When dough has doubled, punch it down and allow to double again.
- Cut dough into 36 equal pieces. Shape into football-like rolls, twisting each end. They should be rather flat with twisted ends. Lay rolls about 2 inches apart on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- After shaping the rolls, slash the tops with a sharp knife or scissors. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- When nearly doubled, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly oil the tops of the rolls with a pastry brush. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
The Cooksnowcat17 Milwaukee, WI
The Rating12 people
Sound good!!! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Who doesn't like hot rolls right out of the oven, not to speak of the aroma throughout the house. Yum. Yum. Yum.tablescape in loved it
Love hot rolls and these sound so good!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!