Fried Spareribs With Potato BatterFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 1 pound spareribs (beef, pork or lamb), cut into 1-inch long pieces shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 one-inch piece cinnamon, crushed shopping list
- 12 whole black peppercorns, crushed shopping list
- 2 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 4 large potatoes shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 green chilies, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro or mint leaves shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable or olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large covered skillet, combine the spareribs, cardamom, cinnamon, peppercorns, onions, garlic, and 1 cup water. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Make sure all the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for about 12 minutes, then peel them and mash them well. Add the salt, cayenne, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilies, and cilantro or mint leaves. Mix well.
- Divide the potato mixture into portions that equal the number of spareribs. Take each portion of the mashed potatoes and flatten it lightly. Coat each sparerib with the potato mixture.
- Beat the eggs well with salt; add the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet for about 3 minutes; lower the heat. Take a few spareribs at a time, dip them into the egg batter, and fry them on all sides until they turn golden-brown.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating9 people
wow... I know who Dewitt is but have never seen any of his recipes.floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
What a Treat to Eat!!! LOVE This would this work baked?! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Cuisine Of India175 members
Cookbook Reviews147 members
Inian Flavors And Recipes22 members
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Anything Goes285 members
International Baking67 members
IndiCurry Central16 members
Addicted To Recipes38 members
International Dishes43 members