RUSTIC ROUND HERB BREADFrom abbott41 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup ( 4-oz ) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- ½ tsp. Dried thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp. dill weed shopping list
- 3 Tbs. cold butter or stisk margarine shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt shopping list
- ½ cup fat-free milk shopping list
- ½ tsp. poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 400.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt and milk. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon into a 9-inch round pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400 for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Yield: 10 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly.
- Nutritional Values: Serving size: 1 wedge. Calories per serving: 185, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 39mg, Sodium: 379mg, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 7g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, 1 fat.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookabbott41 Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
Well, Hi there:) this is lookin' good... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
This is great. I like this bread.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Love the sound of this. 5 forksbrianna in loved it