Salmon Cakes With Tarragon-chive Dipping SauceFrom atwhitt905 7 years ago
- Cakes: shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb. skinless boneless salmon fillet shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup fine fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Dipping sauce: shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Pat salmon dry and with a sharp knife cut roughly into 1/3"-cubes
- In a medium bowl lightly beat egg and gently stir in salmon and remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat and, working in batches, drop 2-tablespoon measures of salmon mixture about 1 inch apart into skillet. Cook cakes unil undersides are golden, about 1 minute. Turn cakes over and cook until just cooked through, about 1 minute more. Transfer cakes as cooked to a platter.
- To prepare the dipping sauce, pulse the mayonnaise, tarragon and 1/3 cup sour cream together in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in remaining cup sour cream, chives, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.