Polvorones SevillanosFrom magali777 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Measure and pour flour out onto a cookie sheet. Place in oven and "toast" the flour. Occasionally move the flour around on the sheet, so that it toasts evenly. Leave in oven for about 30 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- It has to be completely cool to start working.
- Cream lard, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add the flour .
- Place a sheet of waxed paper on a cutting board or other flat work surface. Press the dough together to form a ball. Then press the dough onto the waxed paper. Carefully flatten it down to about 1/2 inch. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies the traditional one is round
- Use a small spatula to carefully move the cookies from the waxed paper to a cookie sheet for baking they are very delicate
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes at 300ºF.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow cookies to cool completely before removing them.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar when ready to serve.
- Makes approximately 150 polvorones
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating8 people
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
always love the family recipes!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Great as usual Magali :)ahmed1 in Cairo loved it