Olive Bread With HamFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 5 ounces pitted green olives shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup walnut pieces chopped very coarsely shopping list
- 4 ounces ham diced shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a round cake pan or standard loaf pan.
- In a large bowl beat eggs with a wire whip until well mixed and foamy.
- Add oil, milk and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Gradually add to the egg mixture.
- Beat with a spoon until all ingredients are incorporated but do not over mix.
- Drain olives well and incorporate into the dough along with the walnuts, ham and grated cheese.
- Turn dough into the cake pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes then remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn loaf out of the pan then slice and serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
>^..^< Another must try Meow Meow
I like this very much. My friends and myself ate it all. Which is the best gauge of how good it is.
My Sister was just up visiting, I made this for her, I used Calamatas. She was up in the middle of the night eating a slice. I am going to make this for my Yarn Spinner's Guild meeting next month!!!!
- Not added to any groups yet!