Mascarpone CheesecakeFrom roseisarose 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted shopping list
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 (8-ounce) packs cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 large eggs room temperature shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (nutella) shopping list
- or your choice of fresh or canned fruit shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- For the crust Preheat oven to 350
- Tightly wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides with 3 layers of heavy-duty foil. Finely grind the almonds, cracker crumbs, and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and process until moist crumbs form. Press the almond mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan (not on the sides of the pan). Bake the crust until it is set and beginning to brown, about 12-15 minutes. Cool. Decrease the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. I like to grate a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon rind in to give it a fresher lemon kick.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust in the pan. Place the springform pan in a large pan and add hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until the center of the cheescake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken. About 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. The cake will become firm when it is cool. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
The Cookroseisarose Benicia, CA
The Rating5 people
love any cheesecake!!!!!!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Oh my! yummyjett2whit in Union City loved it
You can't go wrong with sugar, mascarpone, cream cheese and nutella in a graham cracker crust. Sounds great!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!