Smothered pork and CabbageFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 6 lean cut boneless pork chops shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 bag shredded cabbage or 1 small to med cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinnly shopping list
- 4 slices precooked bacon, chopped (I use microwave bacon) shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon creole spice shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, Lightly brown pork chops in the oil over medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pork chops and set aside.
- Add onions, bell pepper, celery, garlic and 1/2 the butter to pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over low medium heat.
- Return pork chops, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage, soy sauce, bacon, remaining butter, creole spice and pepper and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
I already have my New Year's day menu planned, but this is going on the menu this week. I LOVE the sound of this one! Printed already.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Love the combo of cabbage and pork! Thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
wow I am lovin this. will be on my new grosery list.karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!