Sweet Potato Cakes - Broas CastelaresFrom gourmetana 4 years ago
- 4 oz ground almonds shopping list
- 4 oz granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp honey shopping list
- 7 oz sweet potato puree shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp fine maize flour (= corn flour) shopping list
- Grated rind of 1 small orange and of 1 small lemon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- Beaten egg for brushing shopping list
How to make it
- Make a sweet potato puree by boiling sweet potatoes in plain water then peeling and mashing, weighing the amount needed.
- Mix the puree, almonds, sugar and honey.
- Bring to the heat, stirring, to dry up a little.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Cool the mixture and shape oval cakes, measuring about 1 inch on the widest part. Pinch ends to make them look like leaves. Flatten to 1/2 inch. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in a hot oven (425F) for 15 min or until golden brown.
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating7 people
Que bacana, vou fazer isso hoje, tenho todos os ingredientes em casa. Depois te digo como foi!! 5heartbrazil in Bahia loved it
These sound delish, but I wonder where I could get corn flour.tablescape in loved it
High 5!YUM!lanabade in Goshen loved it