Moms Awesome Chicken Chow MeinFrom larkspur 6 years ago
- 2 cups celery, sliced shopping list
- 2/3 cup sliced onions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken shopping list
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbs. water shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 2 tsp. butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, combine celery, onion, green pepper, and chicken broth. Saute the chicken in butter; add salt, soy sauce,and mushrooms. Stir this mixture into the celery mixture; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, mix together the cornstarch and water. Add all at once to the pot; stir until thick.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add almonds; cook and stir over medium heat until almonds are toasted and slightly browned.
- Serve Chow Mein over hot rice; sprinkle each serving with almonds.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklarkspur Wauwatosa, WI
The Rating7 people
I love this...have often wanted to try homemade chow mein, and this is a great way to start...thanks and 5 forks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
great post wonderful recipe many high5s thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Added recipe to my must make list! ^5a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!