Szechuan Green BeanFrom littlesponger 7 years ago
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimed. shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped shopping list
- 2 scallions (spring onions, green onions), white parts only, tinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste, optional shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or peanut oil for stir-frying, or as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the longbeans, drain thoroughly, and trim the tops and bottoms.
- Cut the longbeans on the diagonal into slices approximately 2 inches long.
- Chop the garlic, ginger and white part of the scallions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and stir-fry until they start to shrivel or "pucker" and turn brown (5 - 7 minutes).
- Remove the green beans and drain in a colander or on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok on high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and scallions. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the chili sauce and stir-fry for a few more seconds until aromatic.
- Add the green beans and the remaining ingredients. Mix together and serve with steamed rice.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating8 people
Love finding new ways to brighten up green beans, and this was great! Added my review in the IMI ------> Szechuan Green Beans
5/14/13mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I love green beans prepared this way. Now I can try it myself. Thanks for the recipes!mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
Thank you for this great recipe. Yum ^5!a1patti in Salem loved it