Chicken PeperonataFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 5 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 2 large white onions, halved lengthwise and thickly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tbs fennel seeds, coarsely chopped shopping list
- one 28-ounce can peeled Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup Peppadew peppers (4 ounces) (sweet-spicy peppers, available in jars in most grocery stores) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 whole chickens (4 pounds each) cut into wings, thighs, drumsticks and breasts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set a rack in the center. In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the bell peppers and onions and stir until coated with olive oil. Cover and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the peppers and onions are slightly softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and fennel seeds and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and Peppadews and season with salt and pepper. Pour the contents of the skillet into a large roasting pan.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper and arrange the pieces skin side up in the roasting pan. Roast for about 45 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Turn on the broiler and broil the chicken for about 10 minutes, until the skin is browned and crisp. Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Set the roasting pan over 2 burners and cook over high heat until the pan juices are reduced slightly, 7 to 8 minutes. Spoon the vegetables and juices into a deep platter, arrange the chicken on top and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating4 people
I do not think I have ever noticed Peppadew peppers on the grocery stores. I will have to look.a1patti in Salem loved it