Beef N Turkey Meat Loaf - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 egg whites or ( whites substitute; “ All Whites” 6 Tbs = 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2/3 cup ketchup or ( reduced-sodium ketchup ) shopping list
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely shredded shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme shopping list
- ½ tsp. pepper shopping list
- ¾ pound lean ground beef shopping list
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites and 1/3 cup ketchup. Stir in the potato, green pepper, onion, garlic,salt,thyme and pepper. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 10-inch x 4-inch loaf.
- Line a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil and coat the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Place loaf in pan. Bake, un-covered, at 375 for 45 minutes; drain. Brush with remaining ketchup. Bake 5 – 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yields: 6 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutrition Values: Serving size= 1 slice, Calories per serving: 240, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 79mg, Sodium: 598mg, Carbohydrate: 16g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 23g,
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
- Note: I have modified the original recipe for Diabetics and Dieters.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
sounds good to me Ed have a great weekend momomomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Like it Ed!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
a Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
Low Carbs18 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Brunch Bunch38 members
Modified Or Doctored Up Recipes15 members