Buffalo Chicken SaladFrom lanabade 4 years ago
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper hot sauce (like red hot sauce) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 hearts Romaine,cut into 1 inch strips(about 8 cups) shopping list
- 4 celery stalks thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots coarsely grated shopping list
- 2 scallions,green part only,sliced. shopping list
- 1/2 cup Blue Chese Dressing(SEE RECEIPE BELOW) shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT BROILER
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a mallet so the chicken is an even thickness of about 3/4 inch.
- Cut the chicken crosswise into 1/2 inch strips.
- In a large bowl,combine the hot sauce and the oil.
- Add the chicken and toss until the chicken is well coated.
- arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and broil until it is cooked through about 4-6 minutes,turning once.
- In a large bowl,combine the romaine,celery,shredded carrots and scallions.
- Toss with the dressing below.
- Divide the greens onto 4 plates,top wih chicken.
- Serve with extra hot sauce.
- BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons mayonase
- 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup crumbled Blue Cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fold a full sheet of paper towel into quarters and put it into a small bowl.
- Spoon the yogurt onto the paper towel and place into the refrigerator for 20 minutes to drain and thicken.
- In a medium bowl,whisk the buttermilk and thickened yogurt tnto the mayonase until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and continue to whisk until all are
- Stir in the Blue Cheese crumbles and season to tast with salt and pepper.
The Cooklanabade Goshen, NJ
The Rating6 people
Goodhungrybear in Miner loved it
Wow this is a great recipe I love it.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Awesome dressing recipe!floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it