Oatmeal Lace cookiesFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to moderate heat (350).
- Run through the fine blade of your meat grinder, one cup of quick cooking oatmeal. (Alternately grind to a powder in your food processor)
- Add to the oatmeal flour, the sugar, the egg, the vanilla, the salt and the butter.
- Mix well until you have a thick dark brown batter.
- Drop by the half teaspoonful on buttered cookie sheets, 3 inches apart.
- these cookies spread into large thin circles while baking.
- Bake for 12 mintes.
- Remove cookies from pan with a spatula while still warm.
- As soon as they cool, they harden and will stick.
- If that happens, stick the cookie sheet back in the oven for a few seconds until soft enough to remove.
- Let cookie sheets cool completely before putting on the next batch of cookies.
- Store in an air tight container.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
Oh yes - I bet these are great with hot cocoa or some hot tea. Thanks for adding to the cookie swap-a-rama group!jett2whit in Union City loved it