Cornbread walnut muffinsFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup cornmeal ( yellow ) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup toasted finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup nonfat milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil ( if you don't have this use vegetable oil instead ) shopping list
How to make it
- Directions Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease a 12 muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, walnuts, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs and walnut oil; mix well.
- Add to the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add the corn kernels and stir just to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until golden brown and the top springs back when you lightly touch it, about 15 minutes for muffins.
- Gently remove from the pan and serve hot! ( with butter of course! )
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Love cornbread,these look great. Walnut oil is super!pleclare in Framingham loved it
fantastic recipe midglt high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Fantastic post! luv this rcipe high5 thnksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Quick N Easy122 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Quick Breads72 members
Corn Bread54 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
California Cooks31 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Muffin Lovers22 members