Cheddar Bacon And Fresh Chive BiscuitsFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 6 thick-cut bacon slices shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, plus melted butter for brushing shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups (packed) coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces) shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chilled buttermilk shopping list
- honey (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack just above center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain, then chop coarsely.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add butter cubes. Blend until coarse meal forms, about 30 seconds. Transfer flour mixture to large bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese, fresh chives, and chopped bacon; toss to blend. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring to moisten evenly (batter will feel sticky).
- Using lightly floured hands, drop generous 1/2 cup batter for each biscuit onto prepared baking sheet, spacing batter mounds about 2 inches apart.
- Bake biscuits until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Brush biscuits lightly with melted butter. Let cool 10 minutes. Serve biscuits warm or at room temperature with honey, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating5 people
So glad this recipe has a lot of cheese. This looks really good. Thanks.tablescape in loved it
Had some like this at Paula Dean's Restaurant,Savanah,High 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
mmmmmmmmmmmmm... now these sound really great!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it