Chicken and Dumpling SoupFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1-1/4 lbs. boneless,skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tsap salt,divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp ground black pepper,divided shopping list
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 c chopped onion shopping list
- 3 c peeled and chopped carrots shopping list
- 2 c chopped celery shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 3 (32 oz) containers less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 c cake flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tbs minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/4 c heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter,melted shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken on both sides with 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper.
- In a large stockpot,melt butter over med-high heat. Add chicken and sear until golden brown,3 to 4 mins a side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion,carrot,celery and garlic. Cook,stirring occasionally,until vegetables are soft,approximately 12 mins. Add chicken broth,thyme and chopped parsley. Bring to a simmer. Shred chicken and add to pot. Cook until soup has reduced slightly,approximately 40 mins. Remove and discard thyme sprigs
- In med. bowl,combine cake flour,minced parsley,baking powder,remaining 1 tsp salt and remaining 1/2 tsp pepper,whisking to blend. Add cream and melted butter,stirring until just combined.
- Bring soup to a rolling boil over med-high heat. Drop dough into soup by heaping Tablespoonfuls. Cover and simmer until dumplings are cooked through,approximately 15 mins.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating9 people
Sound good!goodeat in Benton loved it
As my ex would say.."u can 'dump' the 'chick' here"... He was how shallwe say mildly STOOPID!!! hahahah anyhoo girl this sounds like a wonderful wintery soup.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it