Bean DipFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 can refried beans regular shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, more if your brave shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon, more or less to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 3-4 slices bacon minced fine shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Saute your bacon in a heavy fry pan, I use cast.
- Remove bacon, leave grease.
- Add the onion and cook until soft
- Add the jalapeno and stir for a few minutes.. do not brown
- add the garlic and do not brown
- Stir in your refried beans...
- add just enough water to be able to mix
- Add the cumin and chili and stir
- Keep stirring until all bubbley
- Salt to taste..
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips....
- After learning to make this... we never buy the prepared.
- Were spoiled by the real thing.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!