Toasted Coconut Coffee CakeFrom fizzle3nat 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 TBSP. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 6 TBSP. unsalted butter, melted (for topping) shopping list
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened (for cake) shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 5 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Make the coffee-cake topping: Combine 1/2 cup flour, coconut, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss in melted butter and set aside.
- Make the batter: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch round springform pan with a little of the softened butter and set aside. Combine the remaining flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks, remaining brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla using an electric mixer set on high speed until the mixture is thick and pale yellow -- about 2 minutes. Mix in the remaining butter and the sour cream. Reduce mixer speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix.
- Bake the cake: Pour batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with topping, and bake on the middle rack of the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean -- 55 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Release the cake from the pan. Serve warm.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating4 people
I saw this recipe too in the SLM. I looks so good! I think I need to make it soon.michellem in Idaho loved it
'Southern Living' magazine is the Best
when it comes to recipes~
Thank-you for sharing with us one
of the "5"FORK!!!!! Delights~
~Photo~FLAGGED~!!!!!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Hi fizzle...how are you? Nice recipe,thanks.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!