Creole Chicken And Andouille With Roasted Tomato Puree And PastaFrom charlesroberts 3 years ago
- 1 large boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of creole seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 large andouille sausage shopping list
- 2 pints of cherry tomato shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil....like canola or canola/olive oil mixture shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery diced shopping list
- 1 carrot diced shopping list
- 1 small onion diced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 2 cups of pasta (I like either bowties or cavatappi) shopping list
- Parmasean cheese to taste - grated shopping list
How to make it
- Put chicken breast in a good processor with garlic and creole seasoning. Pulse the processor about 5 or 6 times so that the chicken is ground up fully. Set aside
- take sausage out of its casing and put into large frying pan. The larger the pan the better as this is the pan that the entire dish will end up in. You can throw the casing our, or give it to your cat....they will like it very much
- When sausage meat is cooked remove from pan and set aside in a large bowl
- put the ground chicken in the pan and fry up. after about 2 mins add the wine and put a cover on the pan and cook on low heat for about 2 more minutes. Give the pan a good scraping on the bottom, remove contents from pan and add it to bowl containing sausgage. Give the sausage chicken mixture a real good stir. Set aside
- put all the tomatoes on a broiling pan and broil in an oven...not too close to the top of the broiling grill....about 3 inches away. Broil for about 15 minutes or until skins on tomato turns black. Keep and eye on them while you doing other stuff. When they are done, take out of the broiler, sprinkle the basil and orgegano on them and set aside.
- in the same pan that you cooked the meat in add the onion, celery and carrots with the cooking oil. Saute for about 3 minutes then add the chicken stock. Boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the broiled tomatoes to the pan with the reduced liquid. Cover the pan and cook on low for about 5 mins.
- now you have to puree this mixture. I have a hand blender so I can do this in the pan. If you do not have a hand mixer, think seriously about getting one. Until then you could put this in a food processor and puree it as well, but remember to put it back into the pan...lol
- once all the tomato puree is completed add the sausage and chicken mixture to the pan with the puree.
- now you can cook the pasta. once the pasta is cooked, drain and then mix it with the cheese. I like to use enough grated cheese to give it a reall good coating.
- add the pasta to the large pan with all the other ingredients, give it a good stir. Let it sit for a minute or two...and then serve.
- Cajun purists may want to use a green pepper, celery and onion mixture here. But I would strongly reccomend still using the carrot as it does take some of the acidity out of the tomato.
The Cookcharlesroberts Halifax, CA
The Rating5 people
Very good!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
This is just aromalicious! Will make this very soon! Thanks
saved and flaggedmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I can't wait to try this. ^5 :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!