Avocado Stuffed Crab CakesFrom mystic_river1 4 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 8 tsp. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded asiago cheese shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. low fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon style mustard shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 (6 oz.) cans lump crab, rinsed, drained, picked through for shells and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 ripe, Fresh hass avocado, seeded, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 6cups mixed greens shopping list
- 6oranges, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 prepared balsamic salad dressing shopping list
How to make it
- In small skillet, heat a little less than 1/3 of the oil over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. .In large bowl, combine shallots, bread crumbs, cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, bell pepper, parsley, mustard, egg, salt and crab. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in avocados. Form crab mixture into 12 cakes and chill for 30 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add crab cakes and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned, turn and brown other side.
- Serve on a bed of greens and sliced oranges drizzled with dressing.
- *Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
High 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
good recipe family will luv it high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds good and delicious.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Unusual Combinations82 members
Blue Crab Lovers50 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
THE COMPLAINT DEPT158 members
Checkin Central283 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Companys Coming115 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Superbowl Snacks45 members
Delicious Foods39 members