Brown Rice Mushrooms N ScallionsFrom mystic_river1 4 years ago
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 Tbl butter shopping list
- 2 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced (I use button or baby bella) shopping list
- 4 medium scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (including tops) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring rice, broth, and butter to boiling in large heavy saucepan over high heat. Adjust heat so broth bubbles gently, cover and simmer until rice is tender and broth absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes. Fluff with fork and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in large heavy skillet over moderate heat 1 minute. Add mushrooms and scallions and stir-fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, salt and pepper and toss gently but thoroughly. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating12 people
Why would anyone rate this a one? Are there tiny people here? You have our 5 forks!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
wonderful recipe luv brown ice and mushrooms thanks for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yes! this is great. Love brown rice, never tried it other than plain boiled.
Love mushrooms, spring onions, this is my next meal!
Would add strong chedder cheese, grated to sprinkle over the top. Yum!
Alexalexdavies in Stafford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!