Mock Apple PieFrom jaie 6 years ago
- Pastry for a double-crusted 9-inch pie shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar shopping list
- 20 whole soda crackers (The small, square ones, with 4 sections to a "sheet" that you can break each sheet into four crackers and stack until you have 20 total.) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line the botton of a 9-inch pastry dish with the pastry.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the water, sugar, and cream of tartar.
- Add the soda crackers and boil only 1-minute. (The mixture will be soupy, but it will thicken)
- Gently spoon it into the pie shell.
- Dot the top with butter and sprinkle over the cinnamon to taste..
- Cover the pie with the top crust and cut "vents" in it.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely so it can "firm up".
- You and your guests will SWEAR this delicious pie really does have apples in it!!!!!