CranachanFrom sitbynellie 3 years ago
- 60 g. (a little over 2 oz.) pinhead oatmeal (not rolled or porridge oats) shopping list
- 30 g. (very slightly over 1 oz.) soft brown sugar shopping list
- 150g. (5.3 oz.) raspberries shopping list
- a splash of malt whisky shopping list
- a little warmed runny honey shopping list
- 600 ml. (20 fl. oz. US) double (heavy) cream shopping list
- 4 tbsps. runny honey shopping list
- 4 tbsps. malt whisky shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the oatmeal with the brown sugar and toast VERY carefully in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, tossing often, until the mixture is golden and crunchy. They can burn easily, so watch it like a hawk. Set aside and let cool.
- Take 50 g. of the raspberries and blend in the liquidiser until smooth. Set aside.
- Toss the remaining raspberries in a splash of whisky and a little warmed honey, and set aside.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Carefully stir in the 4 tbsps. each of honey and whisky.
- Gently fold in 50 g. of the toasted oatmeal.
- Lightly fold in the raspberry puree, aiming for a 'ripple' effect.
- Spoon the mixture into four serving dishes.
- Scatter the remaining oatmeal and raspberries over the top, and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- berrikiss Wenatchee, WA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- diannehocut Little Rock, AR
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- mbeards2 Omaha, NE
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
The Rating8 people
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
high 5 great post thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
What's not to like. 5 . Saved of course.AND flagged.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it