Lemon-Apricot Bread With Sugar-Free Lemon GlazeFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ cup granulated sugar substitute or equivalent shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat buttermilk shopping list
- ½ cup chopped dried apricot halves shopping list
- ¼ cup margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 tsp. Grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- sugar-Free lemon glaze directions Follows shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in the center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, chopped apricot, melted margarine, lemon rind, and egg. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a 8 ½ inch x 4 inch loaf-pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 F. for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with the Sugar-Free Lemon Glaze.
- Sugar-Free Lemon Glaze:
- 18 packets Equal or equivalent
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- Combine all the ingredient. Stir with a whisk or blend. Drizzle glaze over the bread and serve.
- Note: This is a Diabetic Bread.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
very lovely indeed!midgelet in Eastern loved it
wow! Ed fantastic luv your Bread Glaze is awsomeluv lemon thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
yum!pleclare in Framingham loved it
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Low Carbs18 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb119 members
Quick Breads71 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Diet Recipes12 members
A Fruity World45 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members